Saturday 31 March 2012

I'm Sorry for Cursing - Colon / rectal cancer - Being Vegan ...

I admit, I was a bit nervous about the whole Ostomy on Vacation thing.? Before we left, there was a great deal of pondering about how many supplies to bring.? I read a rumor that the pouch would puff up on the plane (false, guys, false, even the pouches with no filter).? I worried that some J-hole would make a big deal at one of the airports.?

Overall, I was very glad to have an ostomy.? No one hassled me at any of the airports.? Completely unwrap and "test" the statue Eric bought?? Yes.? Not one person wanted a peek at the pouch.? They were more concerned with why I had two DVD players.? I emptied before I went through security and again before I got on a plane (as needed).? I had extra supplies (no scissors of course).? It was easy.

In Cambodia, it was no big deal.? The only time anyone even saw it was during a massage, and the woman's main concern was whether it hurt.? Again, I carried extra supplies with me.? Towards the end of the trip, we all got some sort of intestinal thing.? It was super nice not to be tied to a toilet.? Ostomy pouches are so portable!? As long as I could find a bathroom to empty, it was all good.

As far as how many supplies to bring on a trip...I read somewhere to bring three times the amount I would normally need.? That amount of supplies was WAY too much, but I wouldn't have wanted to run short on anything.? I was glad I had plenty of pouches and wafers.

So if you're considering a vacation, don't let an ostomy hold you back!? Vacations rule!!!


Don't miss out on seeing cool stuff like this!!!!? :)

charlize theron telenav telenav wade phillips wade phillips time person of the year sag nominations

No comments:

Post a Comment